Dr. Dan Margolin, a practicing Podiatrist with over 27 years of experience and a practice that ranks from the top 3% in the country. Dan’s second and current practice is widely successful compared to his first. Listen as Dan talks about podiatry and his new business which he co-founded, Effective Management.
- Favorite Book? – The 10x Rule
- What CEO do you follow? – Tony Hsieh
- Favorite online tool? — Testing Academy
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “I wish I knew to look for mentors a little bit more”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:35 – Nathan introduces Dan to the show
- 02:15 – A podiatrist deals with health issues concerning the feet including sprains
- 02:32 – Dan generates revenue from his patients and sometimes, from insurance companies
- 02:39 – Dan’s ultimate goal is for the patients to be well
- 02:51 – In the long-term, Effective Management will be the bigger stream of revenue
- 03:10 – A podiatrist earns $ 300,000 to $ 500,000 a year
- 03:26 – The Podiatry Survival Blueprint – a video of Dan’s job description
- 03:47 – Dan generated $2.4 million in podiatry in 2015
- 03:55 – Effective Management earned $300,000 in its first year
- 04:14 – Dan loves helping people so he launched the Effective Management program
- 04:50 – Expenses hindered Dan to just give away the program
- 05:25 – Team size
- 05:43 – Go to BasicStaffTraining.com to find Dan’s info product
- 06:41 – He provides 4 different products
- 07:27 – There is an initial fee and monthly recurring fee
- 08:04 – 2016 revenue is a bit over $400,000
- 08:12 – There are 300 different companies in their system
- 08:30 – The Podiatry Survival Blueprint is sold at $6500
- 09:15 – Dan uses Schoox to run the membership page
- 09:44 – Current MRR
- 09:58 – Dan contacted his own patients as prospective clients
- 10:35 – Connect with Dan through his website and get a free copy of his book Fast Tracking Your Prosperity
- 12:15 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- There are TONS of ways to help people, be it in your field or not.
- Find people who will help you run the business, ESPECIALLY in the areas where you struggle.
- Have a mentor and be involved. Be a sponge and absorb everything.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Assistant.to – The site Nathan uses to book meetings with one email.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel.
- DrDanSpeaks.com – Dan’s website
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives