Ep140 Ryan Moran of Freedom Fast Lane: Financial Freedom, Personal Growth, and Extraordinary Living
Ryan Daniel Moran is one of the most sought after and well respected leaders on entrepreneurship in the marketplace. He is best known for helping businesses develop their million-dollar plan, getting rapid results, and investing the profits for passive income. Ryan is recognized for cutting out the fluff and creating the “fast lane” to results without compromising your lifestyle or being a slave to your business.
YOUR $100: Remember to subscribe to the show on itunes then text the word "nathan" to 33444 to confirm that you've done it to enter to win $100 every Monday on the show. Do this now. Stop reading this and do it!
Click here to join the top tribe and instantly learn how Nathan made his first $10k at 19 years old: http://nathanlatka.com/startertribelive
3 Key Points:
- ‘Real companies’ that have potential for growth offer products and services that are independently sought by customers. Not just from websites like Amazon.
- If you want to have an exit with a cash flow business, you need to build it like to acquire customers and influence the marketplace.
- For the younger viewers, you don’t have to do something the way everybody says you should, you can blaze your own path.
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:30 – Ryan joins the show
- 02:40 – To sell on Amazon, one should focus on ranking high on search keywords
- 03:25 – ‘Real companies’ offer products and services that are independently sought out by consumers – not just on Amazon
- 03:41 – Ryan’s team’s total topline revenue in October: 500K
- 04:06 – Primary expense of being in a products business is usually cost of goods sold (COGS)
- 04:45 – For Ryan and his team of 6, COGS is around 30% (in the ballpark)
- 05:40 – Costs include salary, sales, and advertising
- 07:08 – For publicity, Ryan’s team often sponsors athletes or bloggers
- 07:54 – Ryan’s primary focus is to scale into new areas and to find new ways to capture customers once they purchase through Amazon
- 08:42 – Ryan’s team will put things in their packaging in order to direct attention to some of their other products
- 09:05 – Some examples of what are put in their product shipments
- 10:18 – Ryan’s team nets just under 50% of their topline revenue of 500K
- 11:03 – Ryan and how he sold his yoga products business
- 13:14 – Selling a cash flow business is possible but not easy
- 14:30 – If you want to have an exit with a cash flow business, you need to build it like to acquire customers and influence the marketplace.
- 16:00 – Details on Ryan’s next conference
- 17:55 – Famous Five
Related: Want to learn how to go from $0-$10k/mo in revenue fast? Join Nathan live on the Starter Tribe Beta free workshop.
- Favorite Book?— Straight-Line Leadership by Dusan Djukich
- What CEO do you follow?— Glen Beck and Tai Lopez
- What is your favorite online tool?— Ryan prefers a physical journal (probably black moleskin)
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Most of the time (unless the baby’s having a particular night)
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Realize that you don’t have to do something the way everybody says it should be done. Blaze your own path.
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop