In this episode you learn how Josh Dorkin and his partner build a membership site around real estate. They have well over 10,000 paying customers paying a minimum of $9/mo (doing over $1.2m annually).
- 01:03 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:38 – Welcoming Josh to the show
- 01:50 – Why become a web designer before a realtor?
- 03:12 – Josh started buying real estate at the age of 22
- 05:45 – Building an organic community
- 06:24 – You don’t need to know what you’re doing—just get started
- 07:40 – Building something credible means requiring real names
- 08:32 – The price-point to join bigger pockets
- 09:05 – Bigger Pockets was built to get Josh answers he needed himself.
- 10:58 – Give your users what they want
- 12:29 – A summary of Josh’s stats
- 13:50 – What do you do with the cash you make?—Real estate
- 15:52 — @JRDorkin
- 17:33 – Famous Five
- 17:50 – Delivering Happiness
- 18:20 – Tony Hseih
- 18:33 – None
- 18:55 – No
- 19:24 – Being an entrepreneur is hard and lonely so start building your network early on
3 Key Points:
- Find creative ways to make money.
- Have cash?—Find a way to put it in real estate.
- Be credible to yourself and to others—it’s the easiest way to be successful.
Join The Top community at http://nathanlatka.com/thetop