Pejman Ghadimi, a self-made entrepreneur and best-selling author born in Iran, raised in France, and crushing it in the United States since 1997. Listen as Nathan and Pejman talk bottom-line numbers, exotic cars, and what it takes to build a multimillion dollar business from scratch.
- Favorite Book? – Start With Why
- What CEO do you follow? – Elon Musk
- Favorite online tool? — N/A
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? – Take life more seriously.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:40 – Nathan introduces Pejman to the show
- 02:15 – VIP Motoring
- 02:45 – At its core, VIP is an automotive investing service
- 05:00 – Legal bribery
- 06:30 – Pejman sharing his payout
- 06:56 -- $2.6M net cash flow
- 07:12 – What Pejman does with the money he takes from VIP Motoring
- 07:45 – Buying luxury assets
- 09:05 – The exotic car market allows people to get in and out of it quickly
- 09:34 – These cars aren’t meant to be driven, no one ever drives the cars, they never see public roads
- 11:10 – The industry and room for growth is limited by demand…the people buying these high-value cars are limited in supply
- 12:38 – Secret Entourage— A mindset, attitude, and a way of life. The relationships you form that revolve around yourself. The network that helps you be successful. The movement that.
- 13:30 – The entrance fee is $200
- 14:20 – Secret Entourage was not established as a revenue generating business
- 14:50 – As many as 36,000 sign ups in 2015
- 15:36 – How Pejman drives signups and facilitates exposure for his brands and drives new customers
- 17:50 – Pejman’s email list has 100K people, but he doesn’t use the list very often
- 19:40 – Nathan drill Pejman on the definition of “his movement”
- 20:59 – @ICreateMillionaires
- 23:16 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Obscure industries can be extremely profitable.
- Just because you have a massive email list, doesn’t mean you should exploit it.
- You will always be limited by demand so be aware of what that demand is.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- @ICreateMillionaires – Pejman’s Instagram Handle
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives