Ep 184 Heyo gets acquired, Nathan continues to tell-all about the selling of Heyo. In this part, he focuses on ‘due diligence’ and the business post-acquisition.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – Nathan’s talks with Jim Risner, a co-CEO of Votigo.
- 01:30 – Nathan signed the LOI offered by Votigo.
- 01:53 – Jim talks about Votigo, a social marketing promotions platform.
- 03:22 – Nathan kept leverage and created a safety net by keeping Letters of Intent from other companies in case the signed deal with Votigo fell through during ‘due diligence.’
- 04:37 – Sue Zimmerman joins the show, one of Nathan’s first customers at Heyo.
- 06:41 – Nathan does The Top Podcast because he loves being out in front of people, not for the money.
- 07:38 – Joe Snider weighs in on what he thinks Nathan should do with his podcast now that Heyo is being sold.
- 08:56 – Autumn Beam of the Write Your Own Story podcast calls in.
- 10:05 – Nathan talks to Jim Risner about Heyo’s future post-acquisition – there are none to few changes planned.
- 11:09 – Nathan and Jim discuss red flags when it comes to business acquisition and due diligence.
- 12:40 – DJ Stephan, a highly accomplished entrepreneur and podcast listener calls in to advise Nathan.
- 15:03 – Nathan docu-signs the acquisition deal and sells Heyo.
- 18:29 – Get your mind in something, build it, hustle hard, ignore haters, and ride momentum to winning.
- 19:07 – What’s next for Nathan? Find out live on February 4th in his webinar.
3 Key Points:
- While waiting on due diligence, Nathan kept leverage and created a safety net by keeping Letters of Intent from other companies in case the signed deal with Votigo fell through.
- Entrepreneurs often have strong intuition or ‘gut feeling.’ Sometimes it’s wise to trust your instincts or to find out why you’re feeling a certain way.
- Nathan’s signed the deal to sell Heyo! What’s next for him? Find out on his webinar launching on Feb. 4th.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Heyo – Contests, sweepstakes, and campaign landing pages.
- Votigo – Social Marketing platform that acquired Heyo.
- Write Your Own Story – Podcast by caller Autumn Beam
- SkySlope – Caller D.J. Stephan’s business
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe athttp://NathanLatka.com/TheTop