3 Key Points:
- There are a variety of online stores that a vender can utilize such as Ebay, Etsy, and Shopify.
- There are two approaches to building a creative product business from the ground up – offering a constant product for a while or making tiers of a variety of products early on.
- Getting started earlier is better – don’t wait.
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:26 – Elijah joins the show
- 02:04 – Elijah sells hand-tailored cuff bands for Apple watches.
- 02:52 – They’re sold on Montecelli.us
- 03:47 – At the beginning of August the bands were sold.
- 05:08 – Elijah sold his first product with Shopify, an online store builder – you can have it up two weeks for free.
- 06:40 – Elijah chose several different outlets like Ebay and Etsy to see which would bring in the most customers.
- 07:50 – 70% of Montecelli sales are on Etsy alone – also customers can request specific things through the website.
- 08:29 – Elijah is currently interested in expanding and creating more types of products.
- 08:43 – Also he wants his store to have different tiers of products for affordability
- 09:51 – Elijah’s become so used to making the same thing over and over that he wants to go back into the developmental cycle for a new product.
- 11:00 – Nathan believes as more jobs become automated that the creative job market will stay resilient because creativity and empathy can’t be emulated by machines.
- 11:27 – Nathan talks about Ben Uyeda from The Top episode 10, another creative type.
- 12:02 – Elijah is content making 20-30 sales a month as long as he’s able to develop new products.
- 14:04 – Five years from now, Elijah hopes that his store will become a more rounded out store.
- 14:30 – Nathan is a believer in first letting one or two products flourish before branching out.
- 16:01 – Famous Five
Related: Want to learn how to go from $0-$10k/mo in revenue fast? Join Nathan live on the Starter Tribe Beta free workshop.
- Favorite Book?— The Luck Factor by Bryan Tracy
- What CEO do you follow?— Gary Vaynerchuk
- What is your favorite online tool?— Facebook Ads/Pixel
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— It depends.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Elijah wishes he’d gotten started sooner selling his bands.
- Growth Geeks – The way Nathan hires growth hackers on a per project basis for things like info graphics, blog posts, and other growth projects
- Facebook – Montecelli Band & Satchel Co.’s Facebook
- Instagram – Montecelli’s Instagram
- Etsy – Elijah’s hand-tailored bands
- The Luck Factor by Bryan Tracy – book that Elijah stands by
- Gary Vaynerchuk – CEO that Elijah follows
- Want to learn how to go from $0-$10k/mo in revenue fast? Join Nathan live on the Starter Tribe Beta free workshop.