Eric Berman: Since graduating from UCST, he’s been a serial entrepreneur and business operator. He grew his first company to 400K and just missed out on going public. He has been a consultant for many other businesses and is now the CEO and founder of Brandetize, a full service, performance-based, marketing agency that partners with thought leaders such as Brian Tracy, Jack Canfield and many others.
- Favorite Book? – How to Win Friends and Influence Others
- What CEO do you follow? – Gary Vaynerchuk
- Favorite online tool? — Spark Hire
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— 7 and a half
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “Continue to have an open mind, network as many people as you can and…follow your passions and be humble”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:00 – Nathan introduces Eric to the show
- 02:33 – TheCollegeClub.com was Eric’s first company
- 02:51 – It grew significantly
- 03:40 – The stock market crashed just before they become public in 2000
- 04:25 – They were burning $2M monthly with over 400 employees
- 05:46 – After the crash, Eric did some consulting
- 07:00 – They don’t teach life skills in the educational system
- 07:18 – Eric approached Brian Tracy when Brian was struggling
- 08:00 – It was 2001, when Eric started working with Brian at no cost
- 08:16 – Eric shares the difference of Gary Vaynerchuk and Brian Tracy
- 09:08 – After working with Brian for more than 10 years, gurus are asking Eric if he can work for them
- 09:20 – Eric had a talk with Brian about him working with other gurus
- 10:00 – The brands that are going after Brandetize
- 10:40 – 2015 total revenue is close to $4M and 2016 is close to $5M
- 10:55 – 28 employees
- 11:16 – Brandetize doesn’t have a MRR
- 12:30 – Eric predicts that Brendon Burchard will be the next Tony Robbins
- 12:56 – Brian Tracy brings the most revenue to Brandetize
- 13:50 – Eric shares their offer to the brands
- 16:10 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Have an open mind, be humble, and follow your passions.
- Even if you have a significant fall—this does not stop you from coming back.
- Offering your services for free can help you gain more in the end.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- The Top Inbox – The site Nathan uses to schedule emails to be sent later, set reminders in inbox, track opens, and follow-up with email sequences
- Jamf – Jamf helped Nathan keep his Macbook Air 11” secure even when he left it in the airplane’s back seat pocket
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives