Sue Zimmerman, the creator of the online Instagram course Ready, Set, Gram! In addition to her popular instruction, Sue is also a powerful speaker on prominent stages like Social Media Marketing World, and a highly sought after business coach. She's passionate about teaching business owners and marketing professionals how to leverage the power of Instagram to get tangible business results.
- Favorite Book? – Book Yourself Solid
- What CEO do you follow? – Sophia Amoruso
- Favorite online tool? — Dropbox
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— “Absolutely. I have to”
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? – “I wish I knew how to collaborate with people who I knew, like and trust.”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:37 – Nathan introduces Sue to the show
- 02:40 – Sue’s focus at the moment
- 02:45 – How to leverage power of Instagram stories
- 03:04 – How Sue makes money in teaching
- 03:17 – Successful online courses
- 03:56 – Paid webinar
- 04:18 - Sent email to list of a little over 21,000
- 05:24 – Registration from the list
- 05:50 – Thousand seats for webinar
- 05:58 – UTM links
- 06:20 – Maximum revenue for successful campaign
- 06:26 – Between $5,000 and $10,000 on a week preparation
- 07:10 – How to manage priorities with the team
- 07:23 – Nurture sales funnel
- 07:48 – Ready, Set, Gram
- 08:43 – Partnered with trusted affiliate
- 09:27 – Business model
- 09:35 – Online marketing educators
- 09: 58 – Payment per student
- 10:09 – $700/month on a 6-month plan
- 10:33 – Create a micro community
- 11:25 – Total revenue for 2015
- 11:35 – Goal for 2016
- 12:03 – Closed her store last year
- 12:27 – Started her store in 2007
- 12:52 – Sue’s payment per speech
- 13:05 – First paid speaking gig
- 14:04 – Different ways to get compensation when you speak
- 14:40 – Connect with Sue thru her Instagram and use the hashtag #suebmademedoit and tag her and Nathan
- 17:35 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Take the risk—removing something valuable from your live is worth it if that valuable thing keeps you from growing.
- It always feels good to be able to help and empower people.
- Focus on your priorities – teamwork always come in handy.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- @suebzimmerman – Sue’s Instagram
- SueBZimmerman.com – Sue’s website
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives