Hamza Amir, who is the CEO of Blurbiz. As a marketing guru working for household names like Disney and Coca-Cola, Hamza saw a problem in the industry with mobile videos. He kept hearing the same complaints, but no one was doing anything about it. Hamza came up with the solution when he created Blurbiz.
- Favorite Book? – Zero to One
- What CEO do you follow? — Mark Suster: msuster on Snapchat
- Favorite online tool? — Scoutapp
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep? — No.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Move to Silicon Valley faster.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:05 – Nathan introduces Hamza
- 01:40 – He is not the guy behind the Chewbacca mask
- 02:00 – Blurbiz assists with mobile ad videos
- 03:00 – Up to $5000/month per account
- 03:20 – 20 customers right now
- 03:40 – He used to do influencer marketing work
- 04:05 – He saw a gap in mobile content
- 04:35 – Blurbiz was the solution to that gap
- 04:40 – Expected to raise $2 M by the end of the month
- 05:05 – They are working out terms with a new investor
- 05:20 – Angel funding
- 07:00 – His advice for entrepreneurs about investing
- 07:20 – Competitors
- 08:00 – “Fundraising is more of an art than a science.”
- 09:05 – How to use the service
- 09:20 – Create and publish a video from your mobile device
- 09:50 – Creating a Snapchat through Blurbiz
- 10:50 – Allowing companies to use different platforms
- 12:20 – Funds go to the business first. Anything left over goes to salaries.
- 13:00 – Salary was $2500 last month
- 13:20 – Twitter: @hamza3amir and Snapchat: hamza3amir
- 16:00 -- The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- If there is a persistent problem in an industry, come up with a solution.
- Understand the best types of fundraising for your new business.
- Make a business that stems from your expertise.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks - The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he's driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Scoutapp – Hamza’s favorite online tool
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives