Anant Kale, cofounder of AppZen. Anant had a job that paid him $200000 a year when he decided to go off on his own and start a business. Hear the success story of his artificial intelligence software which has “transformed the back office” for companies everywhere.
- Favorite Book? – Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance
- What CEO do you follow? — Elon Musk
- Favourite online tool? — Rapportive and Calendly
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?—No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Start a business earlier than you think you should.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:25 – Nathan introduces Anant Kale
- 01:55 – AppZen uses artificial intelligence software in offices
- 02:45 – It detects information on employees and statistics automatically
- 03:30 – Founded in 2013
- 04:00 – 2015 revenue was just under $1 million
- 04:45 – They have 22 customers
- 05:00 – Average contract price is $150000
- 05:20 – Capital raised is $14 million
- 06:10 – 14 people on the team
- 06:40 – No churn so far
- 07:15 – Average customer acquisition cost is very low
- 08:15 – Too early for lifetime value
- 09:05 – Evaluation for the company
- 10:15 – Goal is to double revenue in 2016
- 13:00 – Anant is a cofounder
- 13:50 – The company was split according to responsibilities and contributions
- 14:40 – He always wanted to really build a company on his own
- 16:00 -- The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Don’t put off starting your own business.
- A large salary doesn’t mean that you will be satisfied with your job.
- If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, follow that desire.
- Freshbooks – The online tool Nathan uses to keep track of receipts
- Hostgator – The program Nathan uses for his website
- Rapportive and Calendly – Anant’s favorite online tools
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives