Jake Jorgovan, founder of Outbound Creative: an agency that goes the extra mile to help consultants secure their dream clients. Tune in to hear why it’s worth spending to acquire your perfect clients; why Jake’s sending cakes to top executives; and how he’s planning to multiply annual revenue by 10x this year.
- Favorite Book? – How To Win Friends And Influence People
- What CEO do you follow? — Aaron Ross
- Favourite online tool? — Trello
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — To enjoy life more along the way. Don’t work around the clock.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:12 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:32 – Welcoming Jake to the show
- 01:37 – Outbound Creative make money be helping consultants secure their dream clients
- 01:48 – They create highly personalized outreach campaigns and charge a monthly retainer, plus commission
- 02:41 – Retainers are $2-4k, with a commission ranging from 0-15%
- 03:15 – One client is Lighthouse Conferencing: they’re sending cakes to Lighthouse’s potential clients with a URL to a personalized outreach video
- 04:21 – “If you’re doing deals that are $50k or $100k, you can spend a few hundred dollars to get in front of those clients”
- 04:55 – They also work on gifting and customer retention
- 05:30 – Started in July 2015
- 05:40 – This year’s revenue is around $50k
- 06:15 – First-year revenue was around $25k
- 06:25 – Hard costs of purchase and postage are passed on to the client
- 07:05 – One full-time employee and 3 sales reps
- 07:39 – Highly personalized videos on a landing page are a staple of outreach
- 08:00 – Have worked with 10 clients in total; currently have 5 clients on retainer and 3 more in the pipeline
- 08:39 – Averaging $15k per month in revenue
- 08:55 – They’re moving away from project-based work and towards building MRR
- 10:16 – Revenue goal for 2017? “Half a million”
- 10:45 – Connect with Jake at his website
3 Key Points:
- Don’t work around the clock - enjoy life
- Go the extra mile to engage with your clients. Those are valuable relationships - invest in them
- Be ambitious about growth: make a plan and hire fantastic sales reps
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks - The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he's driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives