Kevin Getch, the founder and director of digital strategy agency Webfor. He’s running a digital strategy agency that’s growing by 30% year on year - tune in to find out why he left his 6-figure job at the height of the financial crisis and how failures have given him the confidence to succeed.
- Favorite Book? – Good to Great
- What CEO do you follow? — Sarah Bird
- Favourite online tool? — Google Keep
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:02 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:45 – Welcoming Kevin to the show
- 01:50 – Webfor makes money from developing digital strategy, from website design to SEO optimisation
- 02:58 – Kevin left a 6-figure job in 2009 to found a business
- 03:50 – What gave Kevin the confidence to leave his job?
- 04:05 – “I’d had some pretty big failures - and that gave me the confidence”
- 04:37 – Mix of project-based and retainer-based income
- 04:50 – Marketing tends to be retainer-based, while design tends to be project-based
- 05:20 – A project is around $10k, while an ongoing marketing retainer will be around $2k per month
- 05:40 – Team of 14 people
- 06:24 – Works with around 60-70 clients per month
- 06:52 – First year revenue was around $30k
- 07:12 – Revenue in 2015 was $1.3 million - they’re aiming for $1.7 million in 2016
- 07:35 – Revenue growth has been around 30% each year
- 08:52 – Biggest cost is payroll
- 09:20 – Connect with Kevin on Linkedin
- 11:04 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable - that’s how you know you’re pushing yourself.
- Take confidence from your failures - they help you to learn, and they show you how to get back up again
- Take the leap. If you hate your job, then find an alternative and go for it.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks - The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he's driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives