Ep 182 Lila Zimmerman, the founder of Fresh Fit, and Fearless, dedicated to the promotion of healthy lifestyles. Listen as Nathan and Lila talk about
Lila Zimmerman is a 19 year old college student from Boston, MA and is currently a sophomore at the University of Maryland. Her passion for health and fitness moved her to create an Instagram account to share her lifestyle.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:46 – Kristi joins the show.
- 02:13 – Kristi uses Instagram to market partner products and promote her e-book on healthy living.
- 02:46 – Kristi launched her Instagram account summer 2014. She got to a thousand followers in a year. And now she has 15K followers.
- 03:11 – Instagram pictures are popular through consistency, quality, good hashtags, and interacting/networking with other accounts.
- 03:42 – Lila talks about using Share for Share to grow her Instagram account.
- 04:54 – Traffic is directed from Lila’s Instagram bio to her website.
- 05:15 – Nathan talks about a useful bitly tip to track clicks from url’s.
- 06:31 – Writing her e-book took about 2 months and it costs 14.99$ to download. It’s sold 900$ worth of copies.
- 07:40 – Lila talks about what’s next for her as an entrepreneur – creating a new e-book.
- 09:00 – Lila would pursue her business full time if it generated 9K a month.
- 10:56 – Famous Five
- Favorite Book?- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- What CEO do you follow?— Suja Juice
- What is your favorite online tool?—IconoSquare
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 15 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Eventually you’ll find something you’re passionate about.
3 Key Points:
- Popular Instagram posts possess consistency, high quality, good hashtags, and interact/network with other accounts.
- Share for share is a good way to grow your social media account. Accounts with a similar target audience can both grow their audiences by mutually sharing a post.
- You can track the number of clicks a bitly link has generated by adding a plus notation after the link.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Instagram – Lila’s Instagram
- Fresh Fit Fearless – Lila’s website
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook – Lila’s favorite business book
- Suja Juice – Business Lila follows
- IconoSquare – Lila’s favorite online tool
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop