Ep 179 Aaron Fifield, the host of the podcast Chat with Traders. Listen as Nathan and Aaron talk about trading and what makes a podcast attractive to listeners.
YOUR $100: Remember to subscribe to the show on itunes then text the word "nathan" to 33444 to confirm that you've done it to enter to win $100 every Monday on the show. Do this now. Stop reading this and do it!
Click here to join the top tribe and instantly learn how Nathan made his first $10k at 19 years old: bit.ly/1SynoAg
Top Entrepreneurs join Nathan Latka daily inspired by, Art of Charm, Pat Flynn, John Dumas, Entrepreneur on Fire, Chalene Johnson, Lewis Howes, School of Greatness, HBR Podcast, the StartUp podcast, Mixergy, Andrew Warner, AskGaryVee, and the great hosts of BiggerPockets!
Aaron Fifield is the host of Chat with Traders a podcast focusing on weekly interviews with profitable traders. He also runs his own graphics and web design company.
3 Key Points:
- Before monetizing a product or service, often times it’s beneficial to grow your list and become better known.
- Qualities that attract listeners to a podcast are the inclusion of well-known guests, consistency, and being active on social media platforms.
- If you want to be something, spend your time around people who already are. To be an engineer, spend time with engineers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:22 – Aaron joins the show.
- 02:05 – Aaron made his first thousand dollars when he started his graphics and web design company.
- 03:32 – Chat with Traders began with Aaron’s desire to spend more time with traders.
- 05:30 – Movies make trading look more glamorous than it really is.
- 06:35 – Aaron’s main revenue stream comes from his podcast Chat with Traders which hasn’t been monetized - only publicized.
- 07:20 – Chat with Traders started about a year ago and releases once a week. They reached about 90K downloads in a recent month and have about 627K cumulative downloads.
- 07:57 – Featuring prolific or famous guests attract listeners to the podcast, but convincing them to come on air requires perseverance.
- 08:26 – Being active on a couple social media platforms and being consistent with publishing schedule are also important to getting listeners.
- 10:08 – Aaron gives an example pitch to direct listeners to his podcast.
- 10:33 – Chat with Traders has 5,800 subscribers, Aaron’s focus is growing the list through 2016.
- 10:58 – Aaron makes some revenue from graphics and web design. He makes a couple hundred bucks from his podcast per month.
- 13:31 – Famous Five
- Favorite Book?- Rich Dad Poor Dad and The 48 Laws of Power
- What CEO do you follow?— com
- What is your favorite online tool?— Trello and Slack
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No, but he keeps in mind that ‘the morning starts the night before.’
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Start trading early. Don’t start a purely service based business. Get into the habit of outsourcing more.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- @chatwithtraders – Aaron’s Twitter
- LinkedIn – Aaron Fifield
- Chat With Traders – Aaron’s podcast
- Trello and Slack – Aaron’s favorite online tools
- com – Website Aaron keeps up with.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad and The 48 Laws of Power – Aaron’s favorite business books
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop