Ep 160 Jenn Scalia, a single mom who started from rock bottom to creating a six-figure business. Listen as Nathan and Jenn talk about how she runs her business coaching entrepreneurs in marketing strategy.
YOUR $100: Remember to subscribe to the show on itunes then text the word "nathan" to 33444 to confirm that you've done it to enter to win $100 every Monday on the show. Do this now. Stop reading this and do it!
Click here to join the top tribe and instantly learn how Nathan made his first $10k at 19 years old: http://nathanlatka.com/startertribelive
Top Entrepreneurs join Nathan Latka daily inspired by, Art of Charm, Pat Flynn, John Dumas, Entrepreneur on Fire, Chalene Johnson, Lewis Howes, School of Greatness, HBR Podcast, the StartUp podcast, Mixergy, Andrew Warner, AskGaryVee, and the great hosts of BiggerPockets!
Jenn Scalia is a visibility strategist for entrepreneurs who want to make an impact. A self-professed introvert, and single mom, she went from rock bottom to creating a multi six-figure business. She’s known for her tough-love, no-BS style and helping business owners overcome their fears and share their message with the world.
3 Key Points:
- A useful online tool known as a “Welcome Mat” can increase the number of website opt-ins from visitors.
- Despite running a successful business, Jenn invests heavily into her education – a prudent practice.
- It’s important to get smart about money (not just in the traditional sense) - play around with the mindset of finance and what it means to you personally.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:20 – Jenn joins the show
- 01:27 – Jenn sells business strategy and coaching for entrepreneurs through a paid membership and also in one-on-one sessions.
- 01:52 – She makes about 50K in revenue per month – sometimes hitting 100K.
- 02:54 – Most of her revenue comes from one-on-one coaching and mentorship. She also has a membership site that rakes in about 5-6K a month.
- 03:55 – The sit-down mentorship involves marketing strategy, funnels, email marketing, and social media strategy. Jenn is all about visibility and getting a message out.
- 05:01 – Jenn has two secrets. She works hard and is relatable.
- 05:47 – Membership currently costs 30$ a month and it’s going up to 47$ in a year. Every month, members get two master-classes from Jenn and a guest expert.
- 06:22 – Membership perks also include a monthly Q&A and a private community (online forum on Facebook).
- 06:52 – Users stay an average of three months – Jenn offers a trial membership for people who’d like to try it.
- 07:42 – Jenn’s one-on-one mentorship costs 10K for four months. The price is increasing in January to 15K.
- 08:20 – Jenn finds her clients through her followers (tribe) and funnel.
- 09:12 – Jenn and Nathan talk about the usefulness of website ‘welcome mats’ that can increase website opt-ins.
- 10:22 – Jenn’s biggest expenses are the salaries for her online business manager and virtual assistant for 2K a month (combined) and 4K a month on advertising.
- 11:40 – Jenn’s spent about 6 figures on her education this year.
- 12:10 – Nathan and Jenn talk about Todd Herman.
- 14:14 – Famous Five
- Growth Geeks – The way Nathan hires growth hackers on a per project basis for things like info graphics, blog posts, and other growth projects
- Jenn Scalia – Jenn’s Website
- Digital Welcome Mats – Increase opt-ins with this online tool
- Facebook – Jenn’s Facebook
- LinkedIn – Jenn’s LinkedIn
- @jennscalia – Jenn’s Twitter
- Todd Herman – CEO Jenn follows
- 30/30 – Jenn’s favorite online tool
- Profit First – Book Jenn stands by
- Favorite Book?— Profit First – by Mike Mikalowisk
- What CEO do you follow?— Todd Herman
- What is your favorite online tool?— 30/30
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Get smart about money – play around with the mindset of finance and what it means to you personally.
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop