Episode 145 Elijah Montecelli was in debt before he started his business selling hand-tailored Apple watch bands. Nowadays he spends his time honing his craft and developing new products for his company, Montecelli Band & Satchel.
YOUR $100: Remember to subscribe to the show on itunes then text the word "nathan" to 33444 to confirm that you've done it to enter to win $100 every Monday on the show. Do this now. Stop reading this and do it!
Click here to join the top tribe and instantly learn how Nathan made his first $10k at 19 years old: http://nathanlatka.com/startertribelive
3 Key Points:
- There are a variety of online stores that a vender can utilize such as Ebay, Etsy, and Shopify.
- There are two approaches to building a creative product business from the ground up – offering a constant product for a while or making tiers of a variety of products early on.
- Getting started earlier is better – don’t wait.
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:26 – Elijah joins the show
- 02:04 – Elijah sells hand-tailored cuff bands for Apple watches.
- 02:52 – They’re sold on Montecelli.us
- 03:47 – At the beginning of August the bands were sold.
- 05:08 – Elijah sold his first product with Shopify, an online store builder – you can have it up two weeks for free.
- 06:40 – Elijah chose several different outlets like Ebay and Etsy to see which would bring in the most customers.
- 07:50 – 70% of Montecelli sales are on Etsy alone – also customers can request specific things through the website.
- 08:29 – Elijah is currently interested in expanding and creating more types of products.
- 08:43 – Also he wants his store to have different tiers of products for affordability
- 09:51 – Elijah’s become so used to making the same thing over and over that he wants to go back into the developmental cycle for a new product.
- 11:00 – Nathan believes as more jobs become automated that the creative job market will stay resilient because creativity and empathy can’t be emulated by machines.
- 11:27 – Nathan talks about Ben Uyeda from The Top episode 10, another creative type.
- 12:02 – Elijah is content making 20-30 sales a month as long as he’s able to develop new products.
- 14:04 – Five years from now, Elijah hopes that his store will become a more rounded out store.
- 14:30 – Nathan is a believer in first letting one or two products flourish before branching out.
- 16:01 – Famous Five
Related: Want to learn how to go from $0-$10k/mo in revenue fast? Join Nathan live on the Starter Tribe Beta free workshop.
- Favorite Book?— The Luck Factor by Bryan Tracy
- What CEO do you follow?— Gary Vaynerchuk
- What is your favorite online tool?— Facebook Ads/Pixel
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— It depends.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Elijah wishes he’d gotten started sooner selling his bands.
Top Entrepreneurs join Nathan Latka daily inspired by, Art of Charm, Pat Flynn, John Dumas, Entrepreneur on Fire, Chalene Johnson, Lewis Howes, School of Greatness, HBR Podcast, the StartUp podcast, Mixergy, Andrew Warner, AskGaryVee, and the great hosts of BiggerPockets!
Listen to The Top if you want to hear from the worlds TOP entrepreneurs on how much they sold last month, how they are selling it, and what they are selling - 7 days a week in 20 minute interviews! Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop
The Top is FOR YOU if you are:
A STUDENT who wants to become the CEO of a $10m company in under 24 months (episode #4)
STUCK in the CORPORATE grind and looking to create a $10k/mo side business so you can quit (episode #7)
An influencer or BLOGGER who wants to make $27k/mo in monthly RECURRING revenue to have the life you want and full CONTROL (episode #1)
The Software as a Service (SaaS) entrepreneur who wants to grow to a $100m+ valuation (episode #14).
Your host, Nathan Latka is a 25 year old software entrepreneur who has driven over $4.5 million in revenue and built a 25 person team as he dropped out of school, raised $2.5million from a Forbes Billionaire, and attracted over 10,000 paying customers from 160+ different countries.
Oprah gets 60 minutes or more to make her guests comfortable to then ask tough questions. Nathan does it all in less than 15 minutes in this daily podcast that's like an audio version of Pat Flynn's monthly income report. Join the Top Tribe at http://NathanLatka.com/TheTop